Serving the Greater Miami Area
Also know as depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA), Depo-provera is a long acting hormonal contraceptive birth control. Unlike the birth control pill, Depo-provera is administered by injection at our office and is needed every 3 months.
- Highly effective at preventing pregnancy
- Only need an injection every 12 weeks
- No estrogen which means there is no increased risk of stroke or pulmonary embolism Minimal drug interactions
- May be used by breast-feeding mothers
- Reduces the risk of endometrial cancer by 80%
Depo-provera does not offer protection from STDs so condom usage during sex is still necessary—especially if you have multiple partners. The Depo shot is not the optimal birth control for everyone, please talk with our staff to find out which one works best for you.
English Abortion Pill Locations